I feel so restless sometimes. It’s this feeling that I can’t quite name. It’s like I want to do something, be a part of something, but I have no idea what. I crave adventure, not bad adventure, but just that something exciting will happen in my boring student life.
All I do everyday is wake up at 5 or 6 AM, do my daily devotion, go to school, go to the library, go to class, then go home. And at home, I eat dinner, take a shower, study some more, maybe read or watch some TV, and then sleep. Then I repeat the cycle. On weekends, I either go home and hang out with my parents or stay at school in my room and study or read.
Why can’t my life be more exciting like characters in movies and books? I know it can’t happen, but I wish there was a little more excitement.
I don’t want to do the things that are expected of me. I don’t want other people to plan my future. Why can’t I go out and discover things for myself? Why can’t I decide my own life instead of knowing that I must fulfill expectations and obligations?
Don’t get me wrong. I’m not depressed or unhappy. That’s not what this feeling is. It’s just a certain unfulfillment. I don’t feel content. It’s something I need to pray about.
So if you ask me what character from any movie or story I would want to be like, I would say Belle from “Beauty and the Beast.” I want the soundtrack for Christmas…hint hint. =P
“I want much more than this provincial life
I want adventure in the great wide somewhere
I want it more than I can tell
And for once it might be grand
To have someone understand
I want so much more than they’ve got planned.”
Anyway, what would you like for Christmas? I have a few things I really want. heehee…I’ll probably buy it when I get more money.
Stuff I can possibly get in the immediate future because it isn’t THAT expensive (in this order):
1. More gift cards from bookstores!!!
2. A collection of books by Gail Carson Levine (the author of Ella Enchanted)
3. The Beauty and the Beast soundtrack
4. A collection of Shel Silverstein
5. A collection of Maud Hart Lovelace’s Betsy-Tacy series
6. Lucy Maud Montgomery’s books minus the Anne of Green Gables series (cuz I have that already)
7. A collection of the Berenstain Bears
8. A collection of books by Mercer Mayer
9. A collection of ALL the fairy tales
10. A collection of ALL Aesop’s fables
Stuff that I probably won’t get in the immediate future (not in order):
1. Tickets to see Phantom of the Opera
2. A sapphire ring from Tiffany’s
3. Money to pay off my loans for school
Stuff that I can’t get with money (not in order):
1. A ticket to see my future
2. A job
3. A chance to see my stories published
4. Good grades
5. A nice man who is a TRUE Christian